- Unzip the download package anywhere you like.
- Open up
SEDOminer.iniusing any text editor and set the following configuration items:
- For Pool Mining, you need to specify your mining pool and your ETH address.
[Node] Host=http://your_mining_pool.com RPCPort=8080 ... [SEDO] EthAddress=YOUR_ETH_ADDRESS
- For SOLO Mining, you need to specify your mining pool and your ETH address.
[Node] Host=https://mainnet.infura.io/f12d6274997840158b99b418f0ed8ec1f12d6274997840158b99b418f0ed8ec1 RPCPort=8545 ... [SEDO] EthAddress=YOUR_ETH_ADDRESS EthAddressPrivateKey=YOUR_ETH_ADDRESS_PRIVATE_KEY TokenContract=0x0F00f1696218EaeFa2D2330Df3D6D1f94813b38f
- All other settings in the
[SEDO]section can be left as is or can be optimized.
- You can also specify the pool mining address on the command line (-N). See below for all command line options.
- If your mining pool supports the stratum protocol, change the
StratumPort=9192. Consult with your mining pool for the actual port # to use.
- For Solo Mining:
- Input an ETH account and associated private key.
- You can specify the address and port of your node in the
.inifile, or on the command line.
- You can enable gas price bidding. (see comments in the file). Note that enabling this feature does not guarantee that you will win every bid. Network latency will sometimes result in failed transactions, even if you ‘out-bid’ the other transaction.
- You can leave the .INI file in the executable folder, or you can move it to
C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\SedoMineron Windows, or
$HOME/.config/SedoMineron Linux. If that folder path does not exist, you will need to create it manually. If for some reason that file exists at both locations, the one in the executable folder will take precedence.
- WINDOWS ONLY: download and install both the VC 2013 Redistributable and the VC 2015 Redistributable
- Double-click on the file
list-devices.bat. Examine the screen output and verify your GPU’s are recognized. Pay special attention to the PlatformID. If it is anything other than 0, you will need to edit the
start-mining.batfile and change the
- Start POOL MINING by double-clicking on
- Start SOLO MINING with
SedoMiner.exe -S -G. This assumes you’ve specified the node address in the .INI file.
- COOLING: Please note that SEDO-miner does not have any features to set fan speeds or regulate cooling, other than shutting down if things get too hot. Usually the AMD drivers do a pretty good job in that regard, but sometimes they don’t. It is your responsibility to monitor your fan speeds and GPU temperatures. If the AMD drivers aren’t setting fan speeds high enough, you may need to use a 3rd part product, like Speedfan or Afterburner.
SEDO-miner is partially configured via command line parameters, and partially by settings in
Sedominer --help to see which settings are available on the command line. Have a look inside the .ini file to see what settings can be configured there. (It is fairly well commented). Some settings can only be set on the command line (legacy ones mostly), some settings can only be set in the .ini file (newer ones mostly), and some can be set in both. For the last group, command line settings take precedence over the .ini file settings.
Command Line Options
Node configuration: -N, --node <host:rpc_port> Host address and RPC port of your node/mining pool. (default: 127.0.0.1:8545) -N2, --node2 <host:rpc_port> Failover node/mining pool (default: disabled) -I, --polling-interval <n> Check for new work every <n> milliseconds (default: 2000). -R, --farm-retries <n> Number of retries until switch to failover (default: 4) Benchmarking mode: -M,--benchmark Benchmark for mining and exit --benchmark-warmup <seconds> Set the duration of warmup for the benchmark tests (default: 8). --benchmark-trial <seconds> Set the duration for each trial for the benchmark tests (default: 3). --benchmark-trials <n> Set the number of benchmark tests (default: 5). Mining configuration: -P Pool mining -S Solo mining -C,--cpu CPU mining -G,--opencl When mining use the GPU via OpenCL. --cl-local-work <n> Set the OpenCL local work size. Default is 128 --cl-work-multiplier <n> This value multiplied by the cl-local-work value equals the number of hashes computed per kernel run (ie. global work size). (Default: 8192) --opencl-platform <n> When mining using -G/--opencl use OpenCL platform n (default: 0). --opencl-device <n> When mining using -G/--opencl use OpenCL device n (default: 0). --opencl-devices <0 1 ..n> Select which OpenCL devices to mine on. Default is to use all -t, --mining-threads <n> Limit number of CPU miners to n (default: use everything available on selected platform) --allow-opencl-cpu Allows CPU to be considered as an OpenCL device if the OpenCL platform supports it. --list-devices List the detected OpenCL/CUDA devices and exit. Should be combined with -G or -U flag --cl-extragpu-mem <n> Set the memory (in MB) you believe your GPU requires for stuff other than mining. default: 0 Miscellaneous Options: --config <FileSpec> - Full path to an INI file containing program options. Default location is 1) the executable folder, or if not there, then in 2) %LocalAppData%/SedoMiner/SedoMiner.ini (Windows) or $HOME/.config/SedoMiner/SedoMiner.ini (Linux). If this option is specified, it must appear before all others. General Options: -V,--version Show the version and exit. -h,--help Show this help message and exit.